This Irish made raw mineralising toothpaste is 100% food grade, edible, and an eco-friendly alternative to toothpaste in plastic tubes. The paste is made of potent, pure medicines from nature and medicinal food supplements which are designed to heal gums and strengthen teeth.
Toothfaerie paste improves gum health, removes stains and gives a polished appearance to the teeth, it reduces sensitivity and inflammation, helps to tighten loose teeth, and increases heeling speed of cavities.
Key ingredients and what they do:
- Diatomaceous earth clay is antibacterial, anti-parasitic and antifungal, and a source of silica, it also acts as a brilliant polisher on the teeth.
- Sangre de drago 'Dragons Blood' is the most powerful antioxidant in the world, it's an indigenous plant medicine which is used in all first aid kits around South America. It's used to treat infections, wounds, cuts, bites, eczema, mouth ulcers, cold sores and a myriad of other things. It helps to reverse the symptoms of receding gums by tightening the gum tissues.
- Organic extra virgin cold pressed Greek olive oil which pulls off plaque and contains omegas 3,6 and 9.
- Magnesium Chloride liquid in its purest form of a liquid oil, its extracted from the Zechstein region which is a 250 million year old sedimentary rock where no toxins from sea pollution can get to. Transdermal action allows it to be absorbed through the gum (skin) into the blood stream where it can aid gum healing, tooth regeneration and physical healing in other areas of the body.
- Cinnamon Leaf is the most powerful anti-inflammatory of all essential oils, it helps with gum inflammation. The cinnamon used is from the leaf rather than the bark making it a lot more subtle tasting.
How to use it:
- As a toothpaste - wet your toothbrush and tap off excess water, dip your brush into the jar and take a bean sized amount. Brush as normal. (The paste is antibacterial and antifungal so the whole family can safely share the same jar)
- As a mouthwash - Take a pea size amount and a mouthful of water, swish and push/pul through the teeth for a few minutes until the paste has fully dissolved.
- For 'Oil Pulling' - Use in the same way as the mouthwash but swish for 15-20 minutes and then rinse, this will remove plaque buildup.
- For Gum Ailments - After brushing, take some paste and rub it into the gums before going to bed, leave it on overnight so the paste can get to work without being removed by eating or drinking. You can also apply it this way to mouth ulcers.
This Cinnamon Leaf & Spearmint paste is suitable during pregnancy and for children 2+ years. Cinnamon leaf is the most powerful anti-inflammatory of all essential oils, making this one a great option for inflamed gums and any other gum issues.
The small jar (55ml) should last 2-3 months, while the large jar (85ml) should last 4-6 months. Toothfaerie pastes are made in Clare by hand, and are packaged in eco-friendly glass jars.
Diatomaceous earth*, xylitol from sustainable birch tree sap^, distilled water purified with charcoal^, calcium carbonate^ from limestone, extra virgin olive oil*, water extracted bicarbonate of soda^ (aluminium free), liquid magnesium chloride^ from Zechstein seabed, Sangre de Drago* 'dragon's blood' sustainably harvested from Ecuador, mentha peperita* (steam distilled essential peppermint oil in copper), cinnamomum Zeylanicum* (steam distilled essential cinnamon leaf oil)
Organic indicated by *
Food/ pharmaceutical grade indicated by ^
Not only is this toothpaste great for removing coffee stains from my teeth it also cleared my mouth ulcer in one application.
I applied a small amount to my mouth ulcer before going to bed and the following morning it was 95% cleared. Brilliant product 👍