Fine Activated Charcoal with Peppermint & Spearmint Toothpaste - Toothfaerie
This Irish made raw mineralising toothpaste is 100% food grade, edible, and an eco-friendly alternative to toothpaste in plastic tubes. The paste is made of potent, pure medicines from nature and medicinal food supplements which are designed to heal gums and strengthen teeth.
Toothfaerie paste improves gum health, removes stains and gives a polished appearance to the teeth, it reduces sensitivity and inflammation, helps to tighten loose teeth, and increases heeling speed of cavities.
Key ingredients and what they do:
- Diatomaceous earth clay is antibacterial, anti-parasitic and antifungal, and a source of silica, it also acts as a brilliant polisher on the teeth.
- Sangre de drago 'Dragons Blood' is the most powerful antioxidant in the world, it's an indigenous plant medicine which is used in all first aid kits around South America. It's used to treat infections, wounds, cuts, bites, eczema, mouth ulcers, cold sores and a myriad of other things. It helps to reverse the symptoms of receding gums by tightening the gum tissues.
- Organic extra virgin cold pressed Greek olive oil which pulls off plaque and contains omegas 3,6 and 9.
- Magnesium Chloride liquid in its purest form of a liquid oil, its extracted from the Zechstein region which is a 250 million year old sedimentary rock where no toxins from sea pollution can get to. Transdermal action allows it to be absorbed through the gum (skin) into the blood stream where it can aid gum healing, tooth regeneration and physical healing in other areas of the body.
- Fine Activated Charcoal absorbs all disease causing bacteria, viruses, pathogens, whitens, cleans and helps neutralise bad breath. The charcoal used is made from the husk of non-genetically modified coconuts and is food grade safe to consume. It's a very powerful whitener due to its superior quality.
How to use it:
- As a toothpaste - wet your toothbrush and tap off excess water, dip your brush into the jar and take a bean sized amount. Brush as normal. (The paste is antibacterial and antifungal so the whole family can safely share the same jar). After brushing, you can brush between the gum line and teeth with water to remove any remaining charcoal if you need to.
- As a mouthwash - Take a pea size amount and a mouthful of water, swish and push/pul through the teeth for a few minutes until the paste has fully dissolved.
- For 'Oil Pulling' - Use in the same way as the mouthwash but swish for 15-20 minutes and then rinse, this will remove plaque buildup.
- For Gum Ailments - After brushing, take some paste and rub it into the gums before going to bed, leave it on overnight so the paste can get to work without being removed by eating or drinking. You can also apply it this way to mouth ulcers.
This Activated Charcoal with pepppermint and spearmint paste is not suitable for use during pregnancy, or for children under the age of 7. If whitening your teeth is your main concern, then this is for you!
The small jar (55ml) should last 2-3 months, while the large jar (85ml) should last 4-6 months. Toothfaerie pastes are made in Clare by hand, and are packaged in eco-friendly glass jars.
Diatomaceous earth*, calcium carbonate^ from limestone, xylitol from sustainable birch tree sap^, distilled water purified with charcoal*, activated charcoal made from the shells of coconuts*^, extra virgin Greek Koroneiki olive oil*^, water extracted raw formed bicarbonate of soda^ (aluminium free and gluten free), liquid magnesium chloride^ from Zechstein seabed, Sangre de Grago 'dragon's blood' sustainably harvested from wild Ecuador trees croton Lechleri*^, mentha peperita (peppermint essential oil)*^ , mentha spicata (spearmint essential oil)*^
Organic indicated by - *
Food grade and pharmaceutical grade indicated by - ^