Which shampoo bar is best for your hair type?
If you've never used a shampoo bar before, it can feel a little bit daunting! Most people worry it wont clean their hair properly or wont lather like a traditional liquid shampoo does. Just like 'normal' shampoo, there are shampoo bars to suit various different hair types and concerns so we've made a guide to make the selection process easier for you!
Shampoo Bars for Oily Hair
- Three Hills Nettle and Lavender Shampoo Bar - this bar is made with white nettle and green clay which absorb excess oils, while lavender and lemon essential oils refresh the scalp.
- Janni Bars Dagda Shampoo Bar - Dagda is made with baobab oil which is packed with omega 3 fatty acids and vitamins A, D and E which help trigger hair growth and leave the hair moisturised without being greasy. Lemon and eucalyptus essential oils help to reduce the production of excess oil.
Shampoo Bars for Dry, Damaged Hair
- Janni Bars Freya Bar - Freya is packed with argan oil which is incredible nourishing and leaves the hair feeling silky soft. Freya is our best selling shampoo bar!
- Janni Bars Athena Bar - Athena is made with raspberry seed oil which helps heal, protect and restore the hair. Athena also helps with shine and stabilises moisture, making it suitable for all hair types.
Shampoo Bars for Dandruff
- Three Hills Rosehip and Cedarwood Bar - this bar is specifically designed to target dandruff, it's made with rosehip, cedarwood, citronella and forest fir needle.
- Janni Bars Dagda Bar - As well as being packed with vitamins and omega 3 fatty acids, Dagda also has an anti-dandruff effect on the scalp.
Shampoo Bars for Sensitive Scalp
- Janni Bars Apollo bar - this bar is unscented and it made with goats milk and castor oil which are soothing and hydrating.
- Palm Free Baby Soft bar - baby soft contains anti-inflammatory ingredients chamomile oil and calendula, it has a very mild scent.
Shampoo Bars for Curly Hair
- Janni Bars Freya bar - The Argan in Freya makes it great for frizz and dryness which is common with curly hair.
- Janni Bars Apollo bar - The castor oil in Apollo is very hydrating for curly hair.
Shampoo Bars for Volume
- Janni Bars Lir bar - Lir is made with carrageen seaweed power and sea salt to give your hair lots of volume. The seaweed is also full of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids which help create thicker, healthier hair.
Shampoo Bars for Hair Growth
- Three Hills Maca and Rosemary bar - this bar is made with maca root which stimulates hair growth and helps prevent hair loss.
Shampoo Bars for Normal Hair / All Hair Types
- Three Hills Amla and Sweet Marjoram bar - A bar designed for normal hair types with no specific hair concerns.
- Three Hills Orange Peel bar - An all rounder bar suitable for all hair types including coloured hair, it has the most delicious scent!
- Palm Free TLC Shampoo bar - This bar is also suitable for all hair types, including sensitive scalp. It leaves your hair very silky and nourished.
Our top tip when using shampoo bars is to allow them to drain between uses, if they're left sitting in water they will go mushy and won't last as long! You can either take them out of the shower and let them dry on a windowsill, or leave them in the shower on a soap rest like our Coconut Soap Rest which will allow the water to drain away and keep your shampoo bar in the best condition.
If you're still unsure about making the switch to shampoo bars, get in touch with us by email or social media and we will help you out!