10 Eco-Friendly Gifts For Him
Men can be tricky to buy for, so here are 10 sustainable gift ideas that will suit any man whether it's your Dad, brother, uncle, friend, cousin, boyfriend or husband! While everything we stock is mostly Unisex, of course there are some more 'manly' scents of certain products and we've highlighted some of those in the list below.
1. Solid Cologne, €30 - this is so handy for travelling, and it's small enough to fit into your pocket. The set comes with a metal case and 2 pans of cologne and is available in 3 different scents.
2. Solid Bodywash Bars, from €3.95 - One of the easiest eco swaps anyone can make, these are great for introducing someone to a more 'eco' way of living. The soaps we recommend for a more 'masculine' scent include Cypress Cedarwood, Stout Soap, Activated Charcoal and Clary Sage, Eucalyptus Mint, Oat and Porter, and Féile soap.
3. Natural Deodorant, from €12.50 - The most popular is the Wild Deodorant in the scent 'Fresh Cotton and Sea Salt', or the Three Hills Deodorant Creams in scents 'Forest' and 'Cooling Breeze'.
4. Shampoo & Conditioner Bars, from €7.95 - Another super easy swap anyone can make, this is such a practical gift and hopefully when they realise how easy they are to use and how long they last, they'll keep using bar form instead of plastic bottles! The ones we'd recommend for men are the TLC bars, the Rosehip and Cedarwood Anti-Dandruff bar, Nettle and Lavender Oily Hair Bar, Freya Bar for dry, curly hair, or the Orange Peel Ylang Ylang bar which is suitable for all hair types.
5. Reusable Metal Razor (for the non-bearded man!), from €24.95 - these razors are designed for life, the only thing you need to replace are the blades which are super inexpensive and fully recyclable. We recommend using them with the shaving brush (€14) and Shaving Soap (€17).
6. Solid Swaps Gift Box €52 - if you want to go all out, this is the one to get! It contains 7 lovely eco-friendly products: TLC shampoo bar, Lemon Tea conditioner bar, Toothpaste Tablets, May Chang Body Wash Bar, Just Cocoa Solid lotion bar, Satin face cleanser bar, and coconut soap rest. The box comes with a QR code which contains some eye opening facts on the waste generated by the personal care and cosmetic industry.
7. Wee Beard Box, €29.95 - The perfect gift for any man who has a beard, it contains a beard and hair shampoo bar, beard oil, and a beard and hair styling wax.
8. Face Moisturiser, from €17 - A lot of men need to be persuaded to use something on their skin, and generally it's not something they would go out and buy themselves! The most popular face moisturisers for men are the Honey Glow Face Balm (€17) and the UpCircle Hydrating Face Moisturiser (€24.95).
9. Toothbrushes, from €6 - Bamboo toothbrushes are a super eco swap because they function th eexact same way as a plastic one so there's not getting used to them, and they fully compost within 6 months. You could buy one, or go for the multipack which contains a whole year supply (4 brushes) for only €20.
10. Cocoa Butter Christmas Snowflake Soap, €5.50 - This is a lovely festive addition to any gift and makes a great stocking filler to. It can be used as a hand soap or a body soap, and you can hang it on your tree too!